The idea for today’s post was an email that was forwarded to me by my cyber friend, Linda in the state of Illinois. Truth be told, Linda has a knack for find interesting subjects use here at Asylum Watch. Linda’s friend is fed up with things in America and says he is planning to move to Mexico and has written a letter to President Obama asking for some assistance. I’m going to share the letter with you with some very minor editing and then, as usual, I’ll have something to say.
Dear President Obama:
I’m planning to move my family and myself into Mexico for my health and I need your assistance.We’re planning to simply walk across the border fro…m the US to Mexico and we would appreciate your kindly help.We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas, and laws.I’m sure they handle those things the same way you do here. So, would you mind telling your buddy, President Pena Nieto, that I’m on my way over. Please let him know that I will be expecting the following,
- Free medical care for my family andEnglish-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.
- Please print all Mexican government forms in English
- I want my grand kids to be taught Spanish by English(bi-lingual) teachers.
- Tell their schools they need to include classes on American culture and history.
- I want my grand kids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.
- Please feed my grand kids breakfast and lunch at school, free of charge.
- I will need a local Mexican drivers license so I can get easy access to government services.
- I do plan on getting a car in Mexico, but I don’t plan on getting car insurance and I probably shouldn’t make any effort to learn the traffic laws.
- Please make sure every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.
- I plan to fly the US flag from my rooftop, put US decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th.I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.
- I would also like to have a nice job without paying taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.
- Please have the Mexican President tell the Mexican people to be extremely nice to me and my family. Also tell them to never say critical things about me and my family or the strain we might place on their economy.
- I want to receive free food stamps.
- Naturally, I’ll expect free rent subsidies.
- I’ll need income tax credits, so although I don’t pay Mexican taxes, I’ll receive money from the government.
- Please arrange it so the Mexican government pays $4,500 to help me buy a new car.
- Oh yes, I almost forgot. Please enroll me,free, into the Mexican Social Security program, so I get a monthly income at retirement time.
- I expect to vote in the next election without showing any ID.With my fellow immigrants, we will be organizing your country’s money.We will also be making a change in your government so things will be done our way from now on.
- I know this is an easy request because you already do these things for all his people who walk from Mexico to the US. I’m sure President Nieto won’t mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.
Thank you for all your help. You’re the man.
Okay. Stop laughing now because this is serious. I think Mr. Taylor is on to something. Why not apply his plan to Americas unemployed? It’s only fair that Mexico should do for our unemployed what America has been doing for their unemployed for…well, forever. So, let’s do an exchange program. Now, America has a lot of catching up to do. Remember that we’ve done amnesty programs before. They didn’t work any better than the stupid ideas currently being thrown around in Washington. We are told by our government that there are around 12 million illegals in our country that would be affected by any amnesty program. Another blogger friend of mine noted the other day in his post that the 12 million figure is the same that Bush was using in 2000. So,in my proposed exchange program with Mexico, they should allow about 20 million of our unemployed into their country before we allow any more of their unemployed into our country.
As Mr. Taylor said, President Obama should have no problem convincing President Nieto to agree to this plan because it;s only fair, right? Sending 20 million unemployed Americans to Mexico should help numerous states with their budgets by reducing by many millions of dollars what they are currently spending in unemployment checks each month on top of what they are doling out to Mexico’s unemployed who are living here (illegally)..
Well, that’s what I’m thinking. What are your thoughts?