The arrogant narcissist the American people elected not once but twice, has a bloody nose because he thought he could single-handedly set the people of other nations free of their tyrant governments and they would love him for his actions and the world would see what a great man he was and how deserving he was of his Nobel Peace prize. One of the nations where our dear President stuck his nose was Egypt. How has that worked out for you, Mr. President? Does everybody love you in Egypt, in the region, or in the world? Not so much, huh? You really ought to put some ice on that bloody nose, while Valerie Jarrett figures out what she wants you to do next.
So, our President, in his infinitely small wisdom, decided that the young Egyptians demonstrating for democratic change in their country needed his help. He demanded that Hosni Mubarak step and that the military should hold free elections. As a result, the obvious happened. The only well organized group in Egypt, the Muslim Brotherhood, managed to get one of their own elected president, Mr.Morsi. And, predictably, Mr. Morsi assumed he was elected to be dictator. (Yes, is not uncommon for dictators to be elected “democratically”. Think Nicaragua, Zimbabwe, and Venezuela, for example.) But, surprise, surprise! A large faction of Egyptians recognized sooner rather than later that they had made a mistake in their first democratic elections. And, they began agitating for the military to get rid of Mr. Morsi and they obliged. Now, our President, in his infinitely small wisdom, has decided that the US Government doesn’t need to “determine” if the overthrow of Mr.Morsi was a coup or not. That is what I call: Leading from Behind at its worst. Now it appears that Valerie Jarrett can’t make up her mind whether you should continue foreign aid to the military regime or not. And, where is all that love, Mr. President? The supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood are mad at you, the supporters of the military are mad at you, your beloved friends, the Saudis, are questioning your judgement, and Mr. Putin sees a golden opportunity for Russia to fill the leadership gap in Egypt and the entire Middle East.
Source: Events in the Middle East suggest that perhaps God does bless America in a way. Checks and balances are coming in the form of rivalry between the foreign patrons of American politicians. The moneybags are fighting among themselves. The crisis in Egypt is a case in point. Washington is torn between the support for the Muslim Brotherhood (as supported by Qatar) and for the Egyptian military (read Saudi Arabia). Since this thread runs through Syria as well the Russians are trying to pull on it. If they pull hard enough the whole fabric may unravel. Foreign Policy’s Zachary Keck writes: –
On Thursday afternoon President Barack Obama announced that the U.S. would be cancelling a joint military exercise with the Egyptian Army over its violent crackdown on supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Shortly afterwards, Egypt Independent reported that Putin had called an extraordinary session in the Kremlin to put “all Russian military facilities ‘at the Egyptian military’s disposal.'” The report, which cited several sources without providing any further details about them, also said that “Putin will discuss Russian arrangements for joint-military exercises with the Egyptian army.”
And, Walid Shoebat says: Obama between a Saudi Rock and a Egyptian Hard place.
It would seem the Saudi Royal family wants to see the Muslim Brotherhood succeed all over the world, right? If that were true, why do Saudi Arabia and Israel find themselves on the same side when it comes to supporting Egypt’s military against the Muslim Brotherhood? In fact, the Saudis are so invested in backing the Egyptian military that they’re threatening to have long memories if the U.S. doesn’t do the same.
Perhaps an explanation for the seemingly inconsistent Saudi stance is two-fold:
- When it comes to virulent Islam, the Saudis love to open Pandora’s box or let the Genie out of the bottle, if you prefer. However, when the uncontrollable force that is an unleashed Muslim Brotherhood comes to the fore, especially as the head of a nation state, it hits a little too close to home. The Saudis like the work the Muslim Brotherhood does, they just don’t like it cramping their style and prefer that work be done elsewhere.
- The term “Muslim Brotherhood” is becoming increasingly familiar to Americans as it’s found its way into the 24-hour news cycle in the wake of events in Egypt. If the truth about who the Brotherhood is goes mainstream, so does the possibility that Saudi Arabia’s complicity will as well.
So, what’cha gonna do now, Big Boy? You’re not very good at picking winners and losers, are you Mr. President? Maybe you should stop trying. Here are a couple of free-of-charge thoughts for you, Mr. President:
- Let the people of Egypt and the entire Middle East, for that matter, determine their own destiny, make their own mistakes, and hopefully learn from. I know you have a penchant for all things Muslim, but, Muslims must learn to live in peace with each other before there will be any chance they can live in peace with the rest of the world.
- Mr. President, there is something you should have done a long time ago: SEND VALERIE JARrETT BACK TO CHICAGO!
- Oh! Please do something about that bloody nose. It’s very unbecoming for the President of these United States.
Well, that’s what I’m thinking. What are your thoughts?