Last Sunday’s “Nut Case Of The Week Award” was a bit of a hit so Asylum Watch will make a regular feature as long as interest holds. You, dear reader, are encouraged to offer your own suggestions. If you choose to do so, please provide a link to your source so we all can enjoy the nutty details. Your humble observer of the asylum we all have to live in will present his short list of candidates and at the end I’ll present “My Choice” for this week’s winner. If a one of your suggestions convinces me that “Your Choice” is more deserving, I will gladly update this post with the name of the new winner and relegate My Choice to a special padded cell for second-rate nut cases.
Jim’s Short List
Presented in the order in which the candidates were placed in the Nut Case holding this week’s short list has seven candidates.
- Nicholas Dirks _ Mr. Dirks is the Chancellor at UC- Berkley and he thinks free speech is bad for the Berkley community. He had this ti say in a recent email: “As a consequence, when issues are inherently divisive, controversial and capable of arousing strong feelings, the commitment to free speech and expression can lead to division and divisiveness that undermine a community’s foundation.”
- Precious Parker and Sabrina James _ These two black women in Brooklyn say they are tired of white people moving into the area. This is what happened: “Precious Parker, 30, and Sabrina James, 23, knocked on the door of an apartment building on Ocean Ave. near Newkirk Ave. in Flatbush at 9:30 p.m. on Thursday and held a 34-year-old man, a 37-year-old man, and a 25-year-old woman at gunpoint demanding they move out or be killed, police said.”
- New York DMV _ They maybe took their desire for diversity and to be politically correct to far when they issued a man a HAMMAS license plate and then, although the word was misspelled: “We are pulling this plate off the road as patently offensive,” Jackie McGinnis of the state Department of Motor Vehicles said in a statement. “The group represented by the name on the plate is also on the list of entities designated by the U.S. Government as a terrorist organization.”
- President Obama _ Mr. President seems to be confused about the religion followed by the ISIS terrorists. He had this to say in his recent address to the nation: “Now let’s make two things clear: ISIL is not Islamic,” Obama said, speaking from the state floor of the White House residence. “No religion condones the killing of innocents, and the vast majority of ISIL’s victims have been Muslim.”
- John Kerry _ One would think the even with John Kerry’s less than distinguished military experience that he would understand that dropping bombs on and firing missiles at and using whatever other means necessary to kill ISIS terrorist means we are at war with them. Not so. Here’s what he had to say on the subject: ” Kerry described it as a “very significant” and “major counterterrorism operation.” He told CBS News that “war is the wrong terminology.”
- Nancy Pelosi _ The San Francisco dingbat was recently on the show “Real Time with Bill Maher” and was asked why it matters who controls the Senate. Her concern for humanity was evident in her answer: “It would be very important for the Democrats to retain control of the Senate,” she said. “Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if Republicans win the Senate.”
- Ryan Watenpaugh _ Mr. Watenpaugh and his girlfriend haven’t getting long lately. If this story is true, he decided to punish her by killing her dog and then cooking it and feeding it to her without her knowledge: “Police say the couple briefly reconciled last week and Watenpaugh cooked the woman a meal. But she told police he later texted her and asked how her dog had tasted. … n Tuesday, Watenpaugh allegedly left two of the dog’s paws outside her door.”
My Choice for Nut Case of the Week
Very high up on my list of people to whom I would I would personally like to inflict severe bodily harm are those who intentionally harm children or pets. So, this week My Choice is Ryan Watenpaugh.
This week I came across a candidate that deserves Honorable Mention: Burger King of Japan. A Burger King in Japan is offering a new option to their customers. Their reason had nothing to do with being politically correct or in demonstrating that they are ahead of the curve in bringing “racially diversity” to the world of burgers. But, I wonder how long it will take some wingnut progressive group in America to latch on to this idea. This Burger King in Japan is now offer an all Black Burger.
Well, that’s what I’m thinking. What are your thoughts?